On Friday 2nd August, over 600 people attended our Family Fun Day at Lambeth palace raising over £9,000 for Lucy Air Ambulance for Children (Lucy AAC).
642 visitors explored the 10 acres of Palace gardens and enjoyed all the fun activities for children including fete stalls, face painting, bubble fun, balloon modelling, football fun and children’s theatre. Lambeth Palace said it was a record-breaking event for them – it was the most visitors the Palace had had through their gates all year. Through activities, admissions and refreshments, the Family Fun day raised £9,036 for Lucy AAC.
Lambeth Palace generously gave Lucy AAC access to their beautiful venue for free and our corporate partner, Houlihan Lokey, sponsored the event costs so all money raised on the day will go directly towards helping fund flights for children.
Commenting on the success of this event, Dean Gillespie, Chair of Lucy AAC, said: “A massive thank you to Lambeth Palace and all who contributed today, whether in efforts by coming along, or in donations. I think we should all be very proud of the fact today went flawlessly. The number of people who came up to me stating how much they loved our work shows that we are making a very tangible difference in people’s lives.”
The day wouldn’t have been a success without our incredible sponsors, volunteers and supporters. We would like to say a special thank you to…
- Houlihan Lokey for sponsoring our event.
- Lambeth Palace for allowing us to use their venue for free.
- Levi Roots for donating towards the costs of our event.
- Lord Bilimoria of Chelsea for donating cases of Cobra Beer.
- My Little Piccolo for donating yogurts for our children’s lunch boxes.
- Emily’s Entertainment & The Cat’s Grin Theatre Company for taking part.
- Our friend Gino for bringing his ice-cream van to keep us cool all afternoon.
- Volunteers from Houlihan Lokey, IHS Markit and our service provider, IAS Medical.
Here’s some highlights from the day: